Autumn is Here!
When can you prune?
- Don't prune anything that has already set buds such as azaleas and rhododendrons; plan to prune these plants right after they flower
- DO prune other shrubs now.
What can you plant?
- Get time for trees, shrubs, and perennials to give your garden a fresh look - nurseries are offering plants for sale
- This is the time of year to think about planting bulbs
Learn about going native!
- Read on line about the benefits of native plants for the birds, insects and other creatures that make up a healthy native environment
- Take a class to learn more about creating a native landscape in your own back yard
- Plan changes to your garden to incorporate native plantings